Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Decorating

I meant to post this sometime ago, but life and knee surgery got in the way.
ANYHOW. . .I am so excited! All our Christmas decorations are up and all our Christmas shopping is done!
Decorating the house was a little challenging this year. This year our daughters insisted on being involved in every step of the process. This sounds sweet, but it is really difficult keeping a five and six year old out of trouble while still allowing them to feel as if they are an integral part of the decorating process. Sam helped by taking pictures of the girls while i worked on the harder parts.
I must confess that I am a little OCD about my Christmas tree. I have been this way since I was. . . well about Cala's age. It was kinda funny watching both my children try to decorate the tree. Cala is so much like me. Everything has to be color coordinated and in the perfect spot.
Audrie is more like Sam. She could care less about where things go as as long as they get there. In the end she was easily distracted posing for pictures while Cala and I fixed any part of the tree that wasn't up to our OCD standards.
In the end the tree was up, the Yankee Christmas Candles were burning and nothing was broken. I have to say the whole process was a surprising success.
We can't wait for Christmas!

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

yay! how fun! I love tree decorating time! Fun post!