Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Puppy Love

Okay, so Sam and I have this love/hate relationship with pets. We have gone through quite a few dogs, cats, fish and turtles in our seven years of marriage. Our kids now ask us "Can we keep this one for a long time?" That's bad I know. Well, recently we were given our dog number six after dog number five came down with doggie cancer. Our little pure bred American Yorkshire terrier was found abandoned on the road. The girls named her Rosebud after the dog from Snow Buddies. (If you don't know what movie I am talking about just take a second to be thankful that you don't have elementary aged girls.)

So this is Rosebud. How cute is she!?!? Oh, and yes that is a blue Mohawk she is sportin'. The Japanese groomers here love their small dogs and the girls and I couldn't resist. Sam just shook his head when he saw her and said "I want boys.". I don't know what he's talking about. ;P

Here's a better look at her cute hair cut.

Well, as adorable as our little Rosebud is she is getting on my nerves. She refuses to potty train. We have had her for almost seven months, which is really long for us! She pees in her crate. Holds her pee on walks and then pees as soon as she gets in the house! Everyone tells me that small dogs are the hardest to train because they have these tiny bladders. She's full grown and she is even smaller than most Yorkies.

I have promised the girls that we will actually keep Rosebud for a long time, but i am breaking here. What ideas to you guys have on how to potty train a stubborn dog?

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Sorry, i'm no help... I've never trained a dog or a kid yet... sorry :)
I LOVE the blue mohawk though :) fun!!!!